UNIV Workshops comprise an academic paper and an oral presentation on the day of the Congress. The best papers are presented on the day of the Congress, and a jury chooses the winner.
The goal of UNIV Workshops is to:
- Encourage serious thought and academic research about issues in today’s society.
- Create a space where students share their interests, concerns, and ideas.
Email email@example.com if your question is not answered below.
Who can participate?
- University students: Individual or teams of up to five people.
- Secondary school students may only participate if at least half of the team members are university students (for example, three university students and two secondary school students).
How to submit a written paper:
The selection process
- After you submit your paper, the Scientific Committee of UNIV will review it once using the Evaluation criteria and requirements for UNIV Workshops.
- All participants will receive an email by Monday, March 21, 2019 indicating whether or not their paper has been selected.
- About 20 papers will be selected to be presented on the day of the conference in meetings rooms with a capacity of about 25 people.
- In addition, four finalists will be selected to present the main auditorium. The finalists will be notified of their selection in the same email that all participants will receive before March 21.
How to prepare your oral presentation if you are selected
If you are selected, you have 2 weeks to:
- Revise your paper
- Prepare your oral presentation
- Talks should be in a TED-style format
- Length: 10 minutes
- The presentation should contain only images or short reference phrases.
- Audio-visual presentation (it is optional, you can also choose to do the presentation without audio/visual media):
- File format: Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF or Prezi.
- No dependency on internet access: the presentation you submit should be self-sufficient, such that you can present without having to access other storage devices or the Internet. For example, if you want to include a video clip, download it and send it with the presentation.
- Submit both your paper and digital presentation by the deadline specified in the email.
The winner will be selected from among the finalists on the day of the Congress.